SOMMELIER PREP COURSE
A comprehensive, must-have guide to beverage service includingwine, beer, and spirits
The Sommelier Prep Course is the ultimate resource for anyaspiring sommelier, bartender, or serious wine lover. It includessections on viniculture and viticulture, Old World and New Worldwines, beer and other fermented beverages, and all varieties ofspirits. Review questions, key terms, a pronunciation guide, maps, and even sample wine labels provide invaluable test prepinformation for acing the major sommelier certificationexams.
For each type of beverage, author Michael Gibson covers theessential history, manufacturing information, varieties available, and tasting and pairing information. He also includes sections onservice, storage, and wine list preparation for a fullunderstanding of every aspect of beverage service.
- An ideal test prep resource for anyonestudying for certification by The Court of Master Sommeliers, TheSociety of Wine Educators, or The International SommelierGuild
- An excellent introduction to wine andbeverages for bartenders, beverage enthusiasts, and students
- Based on education materials developed bythe author for his culinary and hospitality students at the LeCordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Scottsdale
With concise, accessible information from an expert sommelier, thisis the most complete guide available to all the wines, beers, andspirits of the world.
- : 9780470283189
- : John Wiley & Sons, Limited
- : UNKNOWN
- : April 2010
- : 2.79 Centimeters X 18.8 Centimeters X 23.11 Centimeters
- : books
- : GIBSON
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 480